Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Anchorman Is Out On DVD!!!


All of us on Today In Alabama agree that the movie Anchorman was one of the dumbest movies of all time, but for some reason we love it! I told you that I would let you in on what happens during commercials.... we quote Anchorman! We don't do it all of the time, but we can't go the full two hours of Today In Alabama without one reference to the movie. I can't wait to see the bloopers and the deleted scenes on the the DVD this week.

Speaking of Anchorman.... Do you think the guy below this message looks like Ron Burgandy? If you heard his voice you would! That man is Dr. Terry Likes of Western Kentucky University's award winning School of Journalism and Broadcasting. He was one of my favorite professors back in college, and I still call him today for advice on the "biz". When I grew up in Nashville he was on our local NBC affiliate from time to time.... and back then, he really looked like Ron Burgandy! He is the king of the "broadcast voice". Back in college he constantly corrected my Southern Accent. I always told him it was just fine, because I will never work anywhere else but the South!

I wonder if he reads the blog.... If so, Hi Terry!... see you February when I come up there for a Western basketball game.... Go BIG RED!

As always, feel free to email me at rvaughan@wsfa.com

No comments: