Friday, May 27, 2005
"We Gonna See Some Rain?"
It's one of those days when EVERYONE watches the weather to see if their holiday weekend will be filled with rain. I'll say this... there is a 40% chance you will get wet at any given point on Saturday and Sunday and 60% chance on Monday. Those percentages do not mean the 40-60% of the day it will be raining or that 40-60% of the area will see rain. It means there is a 40-60% chance anyone within our viewing area will have rain. Checkout this little article about rain chance percentages.... click here.
The map above is the 5 Day QPF (Quantitative Precipitation Forecast) map from HPC (Hydrometeorological Prediction Center). Do you see why we use Acronyms!?!?! This map shows how much rain they think will fall over the next five days. For those needing rain, this map brings good news! This map says we will see 2.50" to 4.00" of rain in the next five days. I know I could use that "Free Water" in my yard! Click the picture to get a better look at the map.
I will say this... I am not canceling my outdoor plans yet. I am going to Jubilee all three days and I have a cookout on Monday. My plans are still on! As always, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and don't forget to checkout this week "Spotlight Blogger" below! Scroll down to find out how you can be in the spotlight...
GEOCACHING.... I think the Geocaching County Road 12 will air tonight. For more on Geocaching click here. Posted: 12:30 pm
UPDATE (6:20pm): It didn't air... maybe next week. I guess there was so much Jubilee stuff, it got moved again to next week.
Posted By: Ryan at 7:25 AM