Tuesday, September 27, 2005

My Grass Is Loving It!


I actually saw my grass become greener before my eyes over the past couple of days! It's growing so fast, I may have to cut it this afternoon! I am a little obsessive about the yard at times, but I really enjoy having the yard look it's best. It's a nice hobby. For those of you wondering if this rain is helping the farmers, check this email below... the answer is yes and no:

Ryan,
The rain was needed and welcomed, but it needs to stop now. Most folks around here got over two inches. Most cotton was planted late (or not planted at all) because of all the rain earlier. The field I saw yesterday is just now blooming. The blooms are very sensitive to rain, and will not form a bole. No bole, no cotton. Peanuts will rot in the ground if they get too much rain.
-Helen

Helen also told me that the Love Bugs are out in full force! I noticed that too when I saw the front end of many cars at the Auburn-WKU game Saturday. Do you have a lot of bugs on your car? Take a digital picture and send it to me. The car with the most bugs on the front end will be shown on Today In Alabama and on the blog. I know there are some cars with a lot of bug juice on them... email me!

Well, I'm off to pickup some lab supplies to do a little science experiment with some kids on Thursday. Hopefully I'll be able to show it on-air too!

Have a great day!
Ryan
rvaughan@wsfa.com

No comments: