Monday, September 19, 2005

New Bosses Coming Soon....

You probably heard a few weeks back that WSFA would be owned by Raycom Media in the next few weeks. I suppose most of the paperwork has been taken care of by now. The sale just has to be approved by the FCC and the stockholders and blah,blah,blah.... sold!

Raycom Media is based right here in Montgomery, but they have never owned a Montgomery station. They own a station in Huntsville, but now they own one right in their backyard. That means that my "main bosses" will be watching every morning! The good news is that they will be able to see something first hand each morning that needs to be fixed and can fix it (news desk flaw, bad signal, computer malfunctions, etc).... the bad news is that they will be able to see something first hand each morning that needs to be fixed and can fix it (me!)

Hopefully they already like our morning newscast and watch it each morning. If I am not here in a few months, you know they didn't like me!

Of course I am joking around (a little), but it is a little nerve racking to know that corporate offices will be watching every morning. Right now, our corporate offices are in Greenville, SC. When they are in town for business I'm a nervous wreck! Oh well, at least our ratings are really good. That has to work in our favor!

In all honesty, I think this will be a good change for a number of reasons that I don't want to bore you with this morning. I interested in a meeting we will have with them later this week. I should know more about the changes taking place after that meeting. I doubt the viewers will ever see any changes...

I wonder if any of the Raycom corporate folks read the blog? Are any of them reading this? Are you a Raycom executive??? If so, drop me an email at rvaughan@wsfa.com and tell me that you read the blog. That would be funny!

PS- Here's the press release from the sale... click here. Here's Raycom Media's website... click here

No comments: