Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Weather Icons Passing Away

Two popular meteorologist have passed away over the last 36 hours. Both men were well respected in each of their markets, in the broadcast community, and the meteorology community. One passed away from the complications of a stroke and the other from a heart attack. I did not personally know these guys, but I have seen them at conferences and such. My thoughts and prayer go out to their families and friends. Click their names for more information...

Wow. This hurts. Dick was a great forecaster who truly loved the Tampa Bay area and its residents. More importantly to me, he was a good friend and mentor, and will be missed.Rest in peace Dick Fletcher. You're in a better place now. -Mike McCall, WCTV
Gary gave my first real break in 1979. He was the finest forecaster I have ever met. He was the best man at my wedding and I owe so much to him. He was a fine man who was responsible for saving many lives during severe weather with his knowledge. I hardly know what to say...When your a young college kid and meet someone who is as crazy about weather as you are, it really makes an impression. God bless Gary and his family. - Dan Satterfield, WHNT

No comments: