Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Pictures From Today

Blogger is finally allowing pictures to be uploaded! Here are some pictures that were taken by some of the Region 8 Weather Watchers today. Let's kick this off with a great gust front picture from Jason Hampton in Pocahontas....
Region 8 Weather Watcher, Robert Rowland snapped this picture in Bradford, AR. That's on dark sky!
This picture is from John Dobson in Ash Flat, AR. I'm sure the folks in Ash Flat get a little nervous when the sky looks like this... Good news is, no severe weather was reported in Ash Flat today.

This picture is from Nat Hooper in Oxford, AR. Spooky looking clouds! Nat said that despite the ominous looking clouds, he did not have any severe weather.

These next pictures are from Heidi Farrar in Franklin, AR. These are some GREAT pictures of the gust front on today's MCS. Look at the striations on the leading edge. Pretty darn cool!




Thanks for the pictures everyone! This was a very photogenic MCS today! Fortunately, there was not a lot of severe weather in Region 8. I think we only had 9 or 10 hail reports across the entire area. Not too shabby.
Ryan

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whew, those pics must had some wondering though.......

Brad Townsend said...

Some of those pics were just awesome. We got some talented photographers out there.

Anonymous said...

I really love getting up to that spot southeast of Franklin and being over-taken by "leading edges" of storms! It's probably my favorite thing to encounter weather-photography-wise OTHER THAN a nice supercell that isn't obscured by tons of other clouds. Gust fronts are cool because they almost always look awesome, and I know that there is only a very small chance of anything too "scary" happening for people in the path (unless it's a nasty supercell's gust front, that is!). I felt bad for the folks at Zion yesterday because this moved right over them only a few minutes after I got the photos, and it's definitely the "scariest-looking" storm we've had since February 5th.

Jason H said...

I wish I could have been out of town, and got some better looks at the clouds. The one I took was right over my house, and it was the only angle I could get.

Looks like we we have a couple of chances to take some pics over the next 4-5 days.