Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Back From Vacation, Needing Another...



I returned to work from vacation yesterday and I really want to take the rest of the week off! LOL ... I had a great time in Nashville. I spent some quality time with my family, saw some old friends from high school, and played a little golf, too.

My sister and I painted her living room while I was in town. Maybe she'll email me some pictures of the finished product. I'm getting pretty good at painting!

My sister, dad, and I also played a little bit of Golf. Unlike the painting, my golf game is still very weak, but I have fun being bad at it! Weird, huh? We may have a new "thing" to do when I come to town now.

I also went to visit some friends at WKRN. I can't believe it has been over 10 years since I interned there. A couple of my mentors are still there and I they still give me some great advice and tips. I still have some tapes I recorded there as an intern. If you think I'm bad today, you should see those tapes! I may try to YouTube them for you sometime soon. They're pretty embarrassing, so we'll see...

On the 4th of July, I went to a friends market in downtown Nashville. It was nice to have free parking at a great spot for the fireworks, but it was even better to see my old friends from High School. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one with a little more gray hair these days!

I'm off to go get some stuff done around the house. I have to get into work early for the Good Neighbor Tour '08. Come on out to Piggott this evening!

Stay cool!
Ryan

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tickled to death you had such a fabulous holiday.... but you know if you`d manage stat temp thermo a little better, you might not be wanting a vacation entension,and then again....FREEDOM is PRICELESS! LOL
Pictures Great!
Thanks for the shares.

Charles Loring said...

Hey Ryan, I watch News 2 when ever I get a chance too and I like all there weather guys (and the weathergal). You should put your intern videos on here, I'd like to see them! I want to intern there when I finish my junior year of college and learn the ropes from them.