Thursday, August 21, 2008

Back To School & Busy!

I've been too busy to post much lately! Getting up early to head to school has been hard to get use to this week. I went to lunch today though! We had a great time and it was good to see the kids that my son has talked about at home this week.

There is one little girl that he has mentioned a few times over the past week. I asked him who she was and he pointed her out. As she walked by to empty her tray, she asked if I was his dad. I told her "yes" and then I told her that my son has told me that they were friends. She then said "yeah, but I have to chase him around every now and then".... Ha! Weren't those the good ole days!

Anywho, I was amazed to see how the teachers get the kids in the lunchroom, keep them in line, and hold everything in place. It's a really good system! It made me wonder though... when do the teachers eat lunch? They all looked too busy during the time that the kids ate....

Thanks for all of the advice I received in the comments section! I plan on going to eat with him often.

Take care,
Ryan

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Most teachers of Kindergarten kids eat during nap times. i know i havent bee nin school for a few years but thats how they used to do it!

Anonymous said...

We eat during their 5 minutes of recess. HeeHee. Ok, that's an exaggeration but it sure feels like they don't get as much as we used to. I usually ate during their recess.... or during what was called "planning time" while they were at PE, library, art/music, etc. But after spilling food on my lesson plan book a few times, I just scarfed it down while the girls chased the boys. LOL

Kim

MrsRobbieD said...

My son was talking about Girl cooties yesterday and you get them when a Girl hugs you...