Saturday, August 16, 2008

Trip To The Lake

We went to the lake this weekend. Lake Norfork is still WAAAY up from the rainfall earlier this year. We had a great time with our friends on the boat and sitting around watching the Olympics! Friday was a little dreary with some rain early, but by the afternoon it was nice enough to head out on the water.
The boys had a great time. Here's a picture of my oldest son and three of his friends hanging out on the cliffs. Call me a strict Dad (or party pooper), but I did not let my boys jump off anything higher than 2-3 feet. With our track record on casts, my boys will never take risks!
Once they were out of the water, it was a little chilly. The boys snuggled up to dad to warm up! My boys also threw up some peace signs for yah, too! I think they got that from their Poppy.
Here's the Captain of the boat! Have you ever seen this guy? Maybe on Crimestoppers? I kid, I kid.
I think the highlight of the trip was the tubing! Here's a picture of one of my boys and his friend. My son is the one you can barely see. I got on the tube, too. My youngest son and I went, but the camera died. Maybe some of our friends can email me some more pictures.

Anywho, I got a little sick toward the end of today. I think I am a little sick from swaying back and forth on the boat all day. For those that don't know, I have a major problem with motion sickness. In fact, I still feel a little rough.... On that note, I'm going to bed.

Have a great weekend,
Ryan

3 comments:

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Love the pic of you and your boys! I'll bet it was just right on the water - not too hot, not too chilly.

Hi to your sis Jen if she reads this! ;o)

Hugs,

Diane

PS: I know you're enjoying your time off (other than the motion sickness) but I'll be glad you're back to do the weather. No offense to the rest of the team, and they do a good job, but I like the way you do the weather best. And no, I'm not sucking up! ;o)

Anonymous said...

Oh Ryan, what a wonderful father figure you are to all! Thanks for sharing the pics....I`m sure you made memories your boys will cherish forever.......

Anonymous said...

Why yes, I do know the captain of that boat! Next time you see O.G., tell him "L.G. and Poot" said 'Hi'!