Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

We've had a great day so far. My wife and I not big fans of spending lots of money on days like Father's and Mother's Day, BUT I still tried to make the day special. Jenn always makes my Father's Day special, but I struggle with ideas some years!


This year my boys made her some cards. The oldest one is getting good at being creative. We went to Walmart and bought some crafts, printed off some pictures, hid from mom, and made some cards. It was a great time! We also made breakfast and lunch. Despite being Mother's day, she still cleaned up after lunch! I tried to sop her, but anyone that knows her understands that she had to clean up...

After Church I called my mom and we chatted for a bit. Since she lives so far away, we did not visit. When I think back, my mom sure did have to put up with some craziness from me. She deserves to have some time away from me these days! LOL

Of course, I think back to my stepmom on this day, too. It does not seem like she passed away year and a half ago. The time seems a lot shorter.

I hope all of the mother's had a great day. We really appreciate you.

Ryan

3 comments:

Karen H. said...

Good Afternoon Ryan,
Our girls made me some homemade Mother's Day Cards for Mother's Day and I loved them. They found some pictures of themseves when they were younger and of me and put on them as well. They are priceless and far more prettier than the cards you would buy at the store. They have alot more special meaning to me as well becasue I know they came from their hearts. I think we ended up with about 4 inches of rain here over the weekend. No rain to day here. Take care and have a great week. GOD Bless you and your Family.
Karen Horton
Caraway, AR

graciejo said...

I got the sweetest card from those boys, and some sweet goodies I am told they picked out. It doesn't matter how rotten you were when you were a kid moms always want you around. Of coarse I've only been told this.....my girls were perfect angels.....The reward of motherhood is watching your daughters be wonderful mothers, Ami and Jennifer are the best.

mom/meemaw said...

You are joking about that!
Always a joy and you still are;
I am blessed.
See you soon...Love,Mom
p.s.Tell the boys Meemaw wore the
red polish today and the lotion.