Thursday, June 11, 2009

Close Call For Owensboro, KY!










I have some friends that live in Owensboro, KY and other friends that were born and raised there. As you can imagine, I was very concerned to see some strong rotation on radar within the last hour go RIGHT over the city. Take a look at the radar images above. The bright colors indicate the strong winds. (pink/blue/green)

A tornado DID touch down, but according to WFIE (Raycom Media) there has not been any damage. I guess the tornado stayed over open fields.

Ryan

2 comments:

Karen H. said...

I seen on Channel 5 as breaking news earlier today where a plane coming from Kentucky had run into some bad turbulence and had to make an emergency landing at the Memphis International Airport today. I wonder if this was the turbulence they went thur by any chance? Oh and by the way, I was waiting to watch Rachel Ray on NBC. I love watching Rachel Ray.

Heidi said...

That's where TwisterData developer Dave Demko was born and raised, too. He says that since he moved from there 10 years ago they've had something like 5 tornadoes either hit town or barely miss it, including direct hits from two [E]F-3s ... They never had a tornado in the 18 years that he lived there.