Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Election Day Rain For "Parts" Of The State

There is an upper-level low spinning in the Southern plains this evening and I bet you can point it out in parts of of Texas and Oklahoma. This low has been giving some showers and thunderstorms to parts of TX, OK, and even AR. As I type this, there is a severe thunderstorm watch for the southern parts of the state, but I'm confident that will stay outside of Region 8!
As you can see in the above image, this low will more than likely dive south into Texas and continue on into the Gulf of Mexico. Since this is being "shunned" southward and not heading in our direction, I firmly believe that our rain chances are very, very low. Most of the rain will be from I-40 and I-30 southward...
Here's how StormCAST sees it. StormCAST is our wx model that runs here at KAIT and tries to model the atmosphere on a 6 km resolution. It's a high resolution grid that helps to pinpoint exactly where it will rain and where it will not rain. NOTICE, it shows some good rain through the southern counties in Region 8 at 5PM but not as much in areas closer to Jonesboro. White, Woodruff, Cross, and St. Francis counties have the best chance of rain in Region 8 tomorrow because the Upper Level disturbance that I mentioned above will be tracking well south of us!

Coming soon, I'm talking about the BIG cool down later this week!

Ryan

No comments: