Thursday, January 20, 2011

Thursday Morning Update

The above image is from 7:00AM this morning. This is the INTERACTIVE radar on our website. We recently upgraded it and it is very nice! Click here to check it out for yourself.

One to two inches of snow is still the forecast for Region 8. I think the snow west of us will not be "as" impressive when it gets here. Here's the latest output from the GFS regarding TODAY'S snow:
Notice, some places in Region 8 will only see a dusting according to the GFS and I think that is right on the money. I appears the snow in Jonesboro will start around 10-11.

Now, I have been accused of having weather ADD because I always want to look ahead to the next storm. I won't dig in too deep, but look at the snow that is expected to fall Sunday into Monday:
That storm may be the one to get excited about! Click image to enlarge.

Anywho, watch out for freezing rain before the snow arrives. It's making some slick spots out there!

Take care,
Ryan

No comments: