Monday, December 24, 2012

Mistlesnow, Monday 4:00 PM Update

I'll admit, I have not been updating this blog as much as many would like, but to be honest... and this is brutally honest... I'm off work and I've been having fun with my family. With that said, I'm still a huge weather geek can't go too long without investigating this storm! The above image shows the warnings and watches as of 4:00 PM on Monday.

This storm is looking to be the real deal. We had one model that was holding out on a big snowfall and it has started to line up as well. While it is hard to swallow a foot of snow in parts of Region 8, it is starting to look more possible in areas.

Here is a GREAT map that shows the NAM model's shift to the south over the past few runs. This was the model that kept us rain for most of the snow until today...Notice, it now has Region 8 bullseyed for heavy snow. This is a model and not a forecast, but is worth noting! BIG, BIG thanks to Patrick Marsh at NSSL for making this map. I can't thank this guy enough...
Tune into Bryan tonight at 5:00, 6:00 and 10:00. Also, watch Sarah tomorrow morning. I'm going to be in the office when this starts falling tomorrow night.

In the meantime, do not stress about the snow! Enjoy this time with your family and celebrate the birth of our Christ. Be safe, get some food before 6:00 PM, and have a Merry Christmas.

Ryan

1 comment:

rkgilley88 said...

Thank you Ryan for ALL that you do. We really appreciate it.. Merry Christmas.