Winter Storm Watches have been issued for parts of Region 8, so I figured we need to chat about this possible Winter Storm on the blog. As always, let me lay out some bullet points for this storm to answer most questions:
- The snow threat is for late Thursday and Thursday Night.
- This storm has a high chance of "busting" (being forecast wrongly)
- The highest snow totals will be in the Ozarks.
- Roads may not get too bad due to recent warm days and temperatures not too cold during event.
- Thundersnow is possible.
- Some people will get NO SNOW.
This is a "conditional" storm, meaning if the conditions have to be just right. We may have snow with temperatures above 32. Also, we have had warm temperatures lately... so how that impacts the accumulation is somewhat of a mystery.
Most of the data shows snow in Region 8. Amounts and location of heaviest snow varies quite a bit, but the Euro, Canadian, GFS, NAM, StormCAST, RPM all show snow in Region 8 on Thursday PM.
We're watching it closely! Stay tuned to my Twitter feed at @ryanvaughan and stay tuned to Bryan McCormick tomorrow morning..