First, I always like to show some bullet points to make this as simple as possible, and then we will dig deeper:
- We are expecting TWO rounds of precipitation. At this time, it appears the first round comes in Thursday PM into Friday. The second wave comes Saturday night into Sunday morning.
- Freezing rain and sleet appear to be the main type of precipitation, but snow will fall, too.
- Just a reminder, freezing rain falls as liquid and glazes as ice.
- Sleet falls as pellets of ice.
- Snow... well, you always remember what snow looks like!
- This could be a bad storm, but it will likely not be as bad as 2009's ice storm.
- Lastly, I don't know if you will be out of school on Friday!
To be honest, I hope the data shifts to an all rain event, but that is looking less likely. I'm not a fan of winter and REALLY not a fan of ice.
We will continue to watch the situation. Make sure you catch all of the updates on Twitter at @ryanvaughan