Monday, January 26, 2015

Vote For Kids!

Last year, I won an online contest for "Best Weathercaster of the Year" from Weatherist.com. For winning, they donated $500 to a charity of my choice. I chose the the Children's Shelter in Walnut Ridge. Through the awareness of the contest, Region 8 raised about $5,000 for the kids that go to the shelter!

I do not care if I come in last place of the contest. It makes me happy to see people vote for me, but there are a lot of people on the list that are very good at their job! Some of them are my friends. If we can raise $5,000 again, I count it as a win.  Please take a moment to look at the website for The Children's Shelter. You can see the facility, find more info, and make an online donation: CLICK HERE

This facility provides a safe environment for children that are victims of violence, neglect, physical abuse, and sexual abuse. Some of these kids have seen more in their short lives than many of us adults. In Arkansas, over 4,000 children are in foster care. The state pays for a lot of their needs, but we need everyone's support to make their lives better. Playgrounds, toys, food, staff that loves them, and other things that we take for granted need funding. That's where you step in!

People have asked if we are personally attached to helping foster kids and orphans. Yes, this is personal to our family. I do not want to get too personal in a public setting, but the simple answer is... yes. That's why we're passionate about raising this money! Thanks in advance everyone!


Have a good day!
Ryan

No comments: