We continue to be in an active pattern. Region 8 has already had 8 tornadoes this year and I'm afraid we will see more this Spring. Let's break down the week ahead starting with today. Here's my bullet points on today:
- We already have some storms at 9:30 AM. So far, just lightning and heavy rain.
- More storms will develop after 11:00. These storms will have a large hail risk.
- The main time for severe storms today is 1:00-5:00, but could last a little longer in our Eastern areas. Storms should be east of us completely by 6:00 or 7:00.
- While the main threat is large hail and strong winds, tornadoes can not be ruled out.
Here's what radar "could" look like at 1:00 PM:
Next round of storms comes Wednesday into Thursday. Bullet points:
- Models are not completely in agreement.
- We should see round one on Wednesday morning. Hail would be the main threat.
- Another round late Wednesday night into Thursday morning. Hail, wind, and overnight tornadoes are possible. Stay tuned!
After that, we have a couple of storms to watch next week. We will take one storm system at a time!