- The morning storms should be out of Region 8 by 8AM
- The rest of the daytime hours look mostly dry.
- The air becomes VERY unstable through the day.
- A line of severe storms will start moving into our northern counties about 7:00 PM
- The line will be moving through the heart of Region 8 about 10:00.
Here's how radar might look about 7:00 PM:
By 9:00 PM, the line is moving through with high winds, lots of lightning, hail... and the low chance of a tornado:
As I mentioned, the air is going to be VERY unstable. CAPE measures the amount of energy available for the storms. This is the highest I have seen it this year:
CAPE is not the only ingredient needed for severe weather. Other parameters are not as great, but still enough to support a severe weather event.