Saturday, November 17, 2018

It Snowed Before Thanksgiving in 1976 and LOOK at the Winter Afterwards!!

**CORRECTION** to blog below: There WAS a big snow in January of 1977 that is not logged in the Jonesboro data. Arkansas native, Kevin Myatt, of The Roanoke Times, read the blog and recalled a big snow. Sure enough, I checked the Paragould log and found this:

Original blog:
Nothing. That's right, it snowed 2" on November 14th, 1976 and we had no measurable snow or ice in the winter that followed. A lot of people have asked me over the past couple of days if last week's snow means that we will have a lot of snow this winter. My answer... NO. (still is "no")

However, like my winter outlook stated... I still think we will have some big swings in temperatures. I also think we will have some weeks that are VERY cold. I just don't think the snowfall will be above average.

Here's what the winter of 1976-1977 looked like:



Have a great Saturday!
Ryan


No comments: