- This will be mainly a cold rain event.
- No data is showing enough wintry weather to warrant any watches, warnings, or advisories for Region 8. Therefore, we do not have RED on the 7 Day Forecast beyond today.
- Yes, we will see some snowflakes and freezing rain in parts of Region 8. I just don't expect huge problems.
- Timing: Wednesday and Thursday.
- NW Arkansas may get enough for travel impacts, but I'm not even sold on that.
- If this changes, we will tell you.
Let's look at some maps to back up my thoughts. First, the Weather Prediction Center agrees with me:
Here's the probability of at least 0.10" of freezing rain from the WPC:
Here's the probability of 1"+ of snowfall. Yes, that shows a 10% chance or less in the Ozarks. Not too concerning at this time.:
Here's the probability of wintry weather for Thursday:
Now, let's look at the GFS and Euro weather models. Here's the output for snowfall:
And here's the output of freezing rain:
Here's the deal. I know there is a lot of social media chatter. We are watching it. We are not too worried. If we DO get worried, we will tell you. Otherwise, enjoy New Year's Eve!