Wednesday, December 22, 2004

I'm back! (not mentally though)


As promised.... Here's a picture of what we see while we are at the news desk. I took this picture this morning. In the foreground, you can see the beautiful Mrs. Tonya Terry and the news desk. In the distance, is the camera with the teleprompter that the anchors read... and below the camera is the monitors that show us what is on the air, and what is about to be on the air. During weather, the teleprompters are switched over to show a reflection... so we can discuss the maps instead of reading. If you look behind the camera you can see Arlam Carr. He is one of the best of the best here at WSFA. He's been here 31 years! One day I will feature Arlam's life here on the blog, it's quite amazing!

Now to my big screw up of the morning. If you read yesterday, I talked about how I would mess something up... and I did. Look at the picture below..... Do you see the mistake? I didn't see it until someone pointed it out to me at the END OF THE SHOW! Apparently I can't spell "Likely". Well, I can spell it... I just type too fast in the morning I suppose!

Many of you (including some of my co-workers) wonder why I point out mistakes. I do it because you the viewers want to know why things went wrong. Here at WSFA, mistakes happen rarely... so why not have fun when they happen??? A man that can admit his mistakes is much more respected than a man that tries to cover them up.

Anyways.... to the good stuff we had today. Did you see how many LIVE pictures we took you to this morning? We went to snow falling in Indiana, rain in Memphis, sunshine in Washington DC, the Christmas tree in New York City... we went all over the country! I thought that was pretty cool, especially the snow in Indiana. It made me miss living where it really snows! I hated it when I was there though!

Well, I got to get back to work! As always, feel free to email me at rvaughan@wsfa.com

No comments: