- This storm is going to surprise us... I'm just not sure how... yet.
- Overall, snow forecasts are being adjusted downward.
- Overall, freezing rain forecast is not being adjusted yet. Swath of 0.25" still expected.
- Reminder, freezing rain typically is not "too" bad for roads. Sleet and snow is worse.
- Greatest threat for travel problems is in Independence, Sharp, Jackson, and Cleburne counties in Region 8. This does not mean we will not see slick spots in other locations.
- MODELS ARE ALL OVER THE PLACE.
To give you an idea of the wide range of data this morning. Here's the the snow output from two models:
Here's the range of freezing rain output:
I'm hoping the data comes more in line this afternoon. Stay tuned.