Thursday, December 23, 2004
Another Cold Snap....
Here's how my morning started. Usually as I am getting ready, I turn on the TV to see what the temperature is outside and to take a look at radar. At about 2:45 a.m., I was putting on my tie when I noticed it was still 66 degrees outside! I immediately thought.... "Was my forecast wrong?" My forecast low was 40!... I thought for sure the front would have cleared Montgomery by then! I few minutes later I could hear the wind howl, and within a short amount of time, we were down to 48!
By the time I got to work (see above) the computer was showing a SHARP temperature gradient! 66 in Dothan, and 29 in Meridian! For those that are new to the blog... the computer above is the one that puts the graphics on the air.
Anyways, the forecast panned out for me! That's a good thing, because I hate being wrong! If I miss a forecast, then my day is ruined. In order to avoid "ruined" days, I try real hard to nail the forecast.
Even if we are right 95% of the time, most viewers only remember the remaining 5%.... Oh well, I guess it comes with the job. Luckily I got this morning right.... What's that mean for you? BUNDLE UP! And have a Merry Christmas!
PS--- Make sure you watch the 50th Anniversary Special on Saturday... Some of the folks had some nice hair back in the old days!!!
As always, feel free to email me at email@example.com
Posted By: Ryan at 7:45 AM