Saturday, December 04, 2004

Great Sports!

Our sports team has been working their tail off lately. That's good though. This is the time of year they need to be busy. If they weren't, it would mean our local teams weren't doing well. That is not the case though!

I had the opportunity to go to the Prattville/Carver game last night. WOW, what a crowd! (and traffic jam!) Folks around here LOVE their football and it was showing last night. Prattville won the game 30-0. Good win for the Lions who will now head to B'ham for the Big Dog game!

And then we have the SEC championship game today! Yeah, I was born and raised in Tennessee, yes I am wearing a bright orange shirt today with BIG "T" on it, and yes I think they will lose! (that's right, I said "lose") Tennessee just isn't the team this year, and Auburn is. We'll see what happens tonight, but I think it could get ugly. Derek is covering the game in Atlanta... be sure to check out his report tonight on WSFA 12 News at 6:00 and especially 10:00.

"Props" to the sports department today. You guys always put out a great product. Keep up the good work!

As always, feel free to email me at rvaughan@wsfa.com

No comments: