Monday, January 24, 2005


I promised some new family photos to all of you that have requested them, and I'm finally going to live up to the promise!You may have noticed that I took a few days off last week. We went down to my wife's parents place at Fort Walton Beach.

My father-in-law was turning 50 and we had a "Roast" for him. If you have never been to a Roast, then you have missed out! A Roast is when everyone comes, one at time, to make fun of the honoree (my father-in-law). I quickly figured out that I can say anything about the man, as long as I follow it with a punchline! Years of bottled up emotions were let go Friday night folks! Just kidding of course... he's not that bad!

Anyways, I had to speak in front of a group of about 100, which is hard for me to do. I know that sounds weird, but speaking in front of a crowd always makes me a little nervous... despite speaking to tens of thousands of you each morning! It's different than just talking to a camera. In the studio, there are only about 5 people.... not 100. So if you ever see me speak out in public, keep in mind that I am likely just as nervous as the next man!

As always, feel free to email me at rvaughan@wsfa.com

No comments: