Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Stormy Day Ahead...


Well, it is 4:00 am and this what I am looking at on my computer screen. Storms are all over the place to the west and all indications point to a nasty day here. The first part of the day is going to be rather nice with lots of sunshine, but that sunshine may help fuel the storms later today!

A day like today is a tough part of my job. Not because of the longer hours or wall-to-wall coverage, but how I lead up to the severe weather event. If I don't caution people enough, I get blamed for not having folks prepared. If I talk it up too much and nothing happens, then people say I was wrong. I would love to be wrong today. The last thing I want to see is someone's house being blown away or lives lost.

I love this job because in some sort of way it helps save lives. I'm not a doctor, nurse, EMT, or paramedic, but I believe we get people prepared so that they can make safe plans for the day. That's what keeps me going on a day like today! Be preapared and hope that we miss it!

Keep you guard up today and make sure you have a way to get watches and warnings.... Feel free to email me at rvaughan@wsfa.com

No comments: