Monday, July 11, 2005

The Day After...

This is at landfall... Rich with Super Doppler and a live picture from Pensacola.


Well that wasn't so bad was it? After Ivan, I think anything that comes our way will not be so bad. We had several trees down and thousands without power, but we still got away much better than we did with Ivan. I was one of the unfortunate ones to lose my power, but it just came back on according to my wife.

Now the bad news... my wife's parents live in Fort Walton Beach and likely took some damage. They are out of town on a previously planned trip, so we will possibly be heading down to throw some tarps on the roof and check on the windows. I just pray they didn't get hit too bad... Ivan wasn't nice to Fort Walton Beach just 10 months ago!

A lot of folks were upset that we squeezed NASCAR down to a little box to bring you the latest information about the hurricane (click to enlarge photo). We could have completely covered it up and to be quite honest... that is what I would have done, but I'm not the boss. We had A LOT of people in the area that evacuated here and wanted the latest information AND we had trees and powerlines coming down everywhere. Saving lives comes before NASCAR...sorry. In this busines, it's hard to make everyone happy... By the way, I am also a NASCAR fan. Here's a nice email from a viewer:

Ryan,
I'm a huge NASCAR fan, and by the comments of Mark Wilder, you guys are getting some grief about not airing the race.From this "big race fan", THANK YOU for airing the weather coverage, this is much more important!!!!
Thanks again for your hard work in helping us keep safe.

Thanks,
James


I hope everyone got through the storm with minimal damage. As always, feel free to email me at rvaughan@wsfa.com

No comments: