Tuesday, September 11, 2007

40s For The Weekend?

Forecasting temperatures this time of the year is always tough! As we transition from Summer to Fall, it becomes difficult to stay consistent. I've been going back-and-forth on the overnight low temperature on Saturday night. I've actually been flip-flopping on the afternoon high, too.

Last night, I had a forecast for 49 on Saturday night and now I kicked it up to 51. I got gun-shy! The National Weather Service in Little Rock is forecasting a low off 55 as of the time I typed this and Memphis is forecasting a low of 57. I'm the lowest so far....

We typically do see some upper 40s in September. It's usually around September 20th or so... That's why I'm starting to feel more confident that some folks will dip into the 40s this weekend.
Regardless, the weather at the ASU games looks GREAT!

Ryan

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The thermometer at our house says it's 64 degrees outside right now, but it's been so hot around Nashville for so long that it feels like the fifties.

Actual 40 degree temps are going to have my teeth chattering!

Anonymous said...

I'm not really looking forward to the cold temps. Not that I was all that thrilled with the hot ones either. :)

Hey, my dad won one of the umbrellas the other night. That sucker is HUGE! Thanks!!!

Jason H said...

I am getting up Saturday morning around 6 and going hunting for the first time this year. I would love for it to be in the upper 40's, I just do see it getting that cool with the clouds from Humberto around Friday night. If it is clear Friday night "Which I hope it is" than it might. I sure do hope it will get that cool!

Ryan said...

There's no chance for 40s on Friday night... and with each piece of data I see, the 40s on Saturday night are questionable. Maybe only in our northern counties...

Jason H said...

I don't know Ryan, I think your right. Us folks here in the hills of Randolph County may have a shot at 48 or 49 tonight ! I let ya know what we hit tonight on the weather watcher page.