Anywho, here's my official stance. The Earth is warming. I have seen great evidence and research (from intelligent and credible sources) to suggest that the world is warming. The big question for me is the "WHY."
The Al Gore camp wants us to believe that there is a direct correlation to man, while other scientists believe it is a cycle. And, there are scientists that simply don't believe the Earth is warming at all.
I'm somewhere in the middle. I think the Earth is warming, but I don't know why. I think more people need to admit that they don't know why and maybe something can be accomplished. Here's are the TRUTHS:
- Even if it is not man-made, what's wrong with cleaning the air?
- Even if it is not man-made, what's wrong with not using oil anymore?
- Politicians need to quit playing the role of scientist. It accomplishes nothing. This includes the "right" and "left".
- It's hard to listen to folks that profit from the theory... Al Gore, Heidi Cullen, etc.
- Every time you forecast a bad hurricane season and cite "Global Warming" as the cause, it will backfire on you. See Example 1 and then Example 2.
- Finally, journalists need to be careful when they discuss Climate Change. When 1° matters, don't show a 12° discrepancy on LIVE TV like Matt Lauer did last night during the half-time show on SNF. Look at the graphic and then listen to what he says the temperature is at his location. It's the weather and not the climate, but you still need to cross your "t"s and dot your "i"s. See clip below... hmmm, fuzzy math.
NBC is "Going Green" all week. It will be interesting to see.... Take care, Ryan
PS- Feel free to post your thoughts in the comments section.