Tuesday, December 11, 2007

More "Wet" Than "White???

The latest data that JUST came in suggest a more northerly track for the Low on Saturday. This would leave Jonesboro in rain through most of the event and just some "wrap around" snow showers. If this holds true, the snowfall accumualtions would not be that impressive... As you can tell, things can change!

Stay tuned!
Ryan


EDIT: I wanted to add the BUFKIT Overview window of the 00Z GFS... I plotted temperature, precipitation, clouds, and CAPE (out of habit)... As you can see, this run is a little warmer and by the time the cold air really digs in... the moisture is gone. It only looks like a dusting for us....
I'm wishcasting for this one! I have family coming to town for my son's birthday! Here's the window:

2 comments:

Karen H. said...

Good Evening Ryan,
I think the forecast is going to be just rain. Now there might, and might being a big word, be a snowflake or 2 mixed in. Who knows, tho, this Arkansas Weather is getting hard to predict. It is 61 degrees here in Caraway at 11:00p.m. and light rain. That is just my forecast for Saturday. Take care and have a great evening.

Karen Horton
Caraway,AR

Jason H said...

Don't know who, but it looks like someone will get a nice snow "5-7 inches"! Come on low....dip a little bit more south.