Since someone brought it up in the comments section and the NWS is already talking about the chance for snow on Saturday, maybe we should too.
I'm still a little apprehensive to talk about potential winter storms after the "insanely" difficult forecast from this past weekend. But, let's look at the data anyways.
Below is the GFS surface chart for Saturday morning. The cold air is in place and the moisture is in place. If this happens (verifies) , we could be dealing with a wintry mess on Saturday.
I'd still be cautious and conservative on-air at this point, but I'm off work today! I'm sure Sarah will mention it tonight, but I'm sure she will be conservative, too. Her and I have the same viewpoint about dealing with storms that are more than 48 hours out. You'll continue to get my "behind the scenes" view about the storm on the blog! I say stuff here that I won't say on air...
Usually I do not mention accumulations until 24-36 hours out. On the blog, I may mention my thoughts a little earlier.... :)
I'm waiting on the 12Z GFS BUFKIT profile to be generated before I mention any potential accumulations. It's only Tuesday! A LOT CAN CHANGE!!!!