Saturday, January 26, 2008

Little Rock Trip Was Slick!!!

I had a chance to visit the National Weather Service in Little Rock and the Arkansas Children's Hospital, too. The NWS was great because I had never visited that office before and I had not met more than one of the folks down there.

I got a nice little tour and met some of the guys (and gals) down there. It's good to put a face with some of the names. I've always thought highly of the Little Rock office, so it was good to finally visit down there.

After I went to the NWS, I went to ACH. There was nothing falling from the sky when I went in, but when I came out... IT WAS SLICKER THAN SNOT!!! It had sleeted and then some freezing rain at 28 degrees!

People were sliding around all over the place! It took forever just to get off of I-630 and I almost saw a buddy of mine slide off the road. Ironically, he is also my insurance agent!! And more irony... a cop almost slid into him while he was sliding! There's a joke there somewhere!

Luckily, I got out of the freezing rain just north of Little Rock. We had no problems in Region 8.

Anywho, the above picture is the Doppler radar (WSR88D) at North Little Rock NWS. For some reason, I like taking pictures of Doppler radars! LOL

Have a great day!
Ryan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hah, I took a picture of the KAIT doppler when I was down there! :D

Sounds like you had quite an adventure yesterday. -- Ice really is only cool if everyone is staying at home!

When are you going to try that "slicker than snot" expression on-air? :D :D