Thursday, May 29, 2008

Texas Trip, Part 2

The main reason for our visit to Texas was for "May Day". It's an annual family gathering that is stretched over a 2 day period. On the first night (Saturday), we have a big fish-fry at the Church. Then, on Sunday we have Church services and lunch at the family cemetery. It's also a weekend dedicated to planting flowers and cleaning up the cemetery.

This year was a little different for us. As many of you know, my stepmother passed away last September. This was our first time to be back since the funeral. It was also my first time to see her tombstone. It was odd, but it was much easier than I anticipated. God kept all of us strong, especially Dad. In the coming days I'm going to be talking more about "Stand Up 2 Cancer". It's a HUGE campaign among broadcasters in September! I know all of you will get excited about it, too.

Have a great night. I'm going to sleep.

Ryan

No comments: