Saturday, January 24, 2009

Wintry Weather Coming?

I head back to work on Monday and I might be dealing with some wintry weather when I return! Below is an overview window of the GFS 18Z run. The latest data suggest a little bit of everything! I didn't think we would see much snow with this system, but some of the latest suggests that we may see the cold air thick enough to support some snow. As we all know, that would be MUCH better than ice! Remember, the timestamp goes from right to left. Red is ice, green is rain, and blue is snow....

Keep in mind, this is a computer model and NOT a forecast. This is one of many tools we use to forecast winter storms.

Keep it tuned to us for the latest. We'll know more and more as this storm gets closer to us! Let's hope it is all rain.

Ryan

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ryan :
What about Jackson, Tn ?
I think we are gonna be on the Border Line Again.
What is my Chances on Being A Internet Weather Watcher For KAIT ?

Andrew said...

"Let's hope it is all rain. Ryan"

Oh no, we all want SNOW just NO ICE!

Anonymous said...

I'm about to head to the gas station to get another 5 gallon can for the generator! This is the most strongly-worded winter storm watch (for an ice storm) that I have seen since we've lived here!

Anonymous said...

Yikes! I hope that model is wrong...an INCH of ice??!!!

Anonymous said...

At this point I am just hoping for sleet...anything but Freezing Rain!

Anonymous said...

Is this for Paragould area or other parts of Region 8? Hoping for some snow!

Anonymous said...

Oh Oh - Give a guy a little R+R time, and just look what happens...