Sunday, June 13, 2010

Going on Vacation! Oil or No Oil

We've gone back and forth on whether we were still going to go to Gulf Shores or if we will go somewhere else. We've decided that we are going to head on down to Gulf Shores and we'll do other things beyond swimming at the beach. We have our swimming pool and I have discovered a few other spots to cool off... Plus, there are restaurants, the zoo, go carts, etc. I just hope it does not smell bad. Most people say that it does not smell bad, but there are some naysayers out there. I'm going to find out for myself.

I'm going to blog about my adventures. I hope to show the good and the bad... and maybe some of the ugly (aka BP mess) along the way. This may go down as one of the worst disasters in history. I may be able to teach my kids a few things about being good stewards of this Earth that God gave us.

The folks at http://www.gulfshores.com/ have done great about keeping people informed about what is happening on their beaches, but it is hard to cover 32 miles of shoreline each day. With that said, I won't be able to tell you what is happening everywhere either, but I can tell you what WE are seeing.

If I do not do a full blog, I hope to at least Tweet about it with pictures on my Twitter feed. You can find that on the right side of the page.

We leave next weekend...

Ryan

No comments: