Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Some "Excessive" Data For Thursday

This is a model and NOT a forecast, but I wanted to show you the latest data from StormCAST this evening. I believe it is a little high on snow amounts and I'm sticking to forecast I posted last night. If you missed it, click here.

Something to note about StormCAST. It is a high resolution model (6KM) that is created here at KAIT. It initializes on a given dataset. Three runs are initialized on RUC data, but the evening data is initialized on the GFS data. This may account for the increase in projected snowfall.

Once again, I think this is high... but it can't be completely discounted.

Stay tuned!
Ryan

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Can we move that 4.92 a little closer to paragould? I'd like 5" inches please!!

Anonymous said...

NWS met from PAH is concerned that more low lvl FG forcing may get going in the baroclinic zone along the AR/MO border Thu. Will be keeping an eye toward NW AR THU AM...

Anonymous said...

You couldn't get a forecast right if your life depended on it could ya.

Ryan said...

Ha! Thanks "Anonymous" for the vote of confidence. I thought we've been doing pretty good, but who knows... maybe Thursday is the slice of humble pie!

*Interesting IP address from that post.

Tiffany said...

Ryan I think you and the team do and excellent job with the weather. "Anonymous" has no clue what goes into forecasting the weather. Just remember you can't please everyone. I enjoy reading your blog and watching for your updates on weather. Keep up the great work!!!

Terri said...

Ryan don't pay any attention to what anonymous says, some people just have no respect. I think you do an excellent job, and alot of others agree. So, hold your head up, and continue doing what you've been doing cause you ROCK!

Anonymous said...

You do an awesome job of keeping everyone back in Region 8 safe. I personally know what a dedicated and hard worker you are.

Remember that people who make comments like that likely have inadequacies in their own lives. They have nothing else better to do to make themselves feel better.

Keep up the good work!

- A Colleague

Anonymous said...

Interesting IP address from that post.

What kind of response are you looking for with that remark? I was just voicing my opinion. Feel free to email me at harrybear@hotmail.com.