Friday, July 06, 2012

Relief With Rain and Cooler Weather

The Hydrological Prediction Center with NOAA released a map this morning showing a widespread swath of 2" of rain across our region:
While 2" of rain is possible, I doubt everyone will see 2". However, I do think a large part of Region 8 will see 1" of rain! All of the models are starting to agree that rain will be falling Sunday, and possibly lingering into Monday and Tuesday. See rainfall graph, click to enlarge:
In addition to rain, we are also expecting cooler weather! Most data suggest we will have highs in the 80s instead of 100s. Here is graph showing some long range data:
I'm becoming more and more confident of this pattern change. I hope it lasts! Join us tonight on Region 8 News!

-Ryan

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We sure need the rain and everyone is ready for some cooler temperatures.

Anonymous said...

I am sweltering and I don't understand why there are so many hot days. Itbwas 70 last night and no sleep.

Anonymous said...

We sure need the rain and everyone is ready for some cooler temperatures.