Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Icy Sunday?

If you notice, the title of this blog still has a question mark on it because there is still some uncertainty. It's only Wednesday and there is still some time for the forecast to change. Here are the bullet points as of 9:30 PM on 2/26/14:

  • Greatest concern is on Sunday, but a separate system will give us some brief rain showers on Friday. There could be some isolated areas that see some "brief" sleet on Friday, but no problems expected.
  • The track of the low can change and I hope it does.
  • If it moves farther south, we may see more sleet than freezing rain.
  • If it moves farther north, we will see more rain than wintry weather because the temperatures would be warmer.
  • It's WAY too early to discuss "how much".
  • As of right now, this is what I expect:

The pink area is where I expect to see freezing rain and sleet on Sunday. As many of you know, I'm not a fan of winter, so I hope I am wrong. If I start seeing some changes in this forecast, I will pass that information along.

At this point, it is still too early to worry about it. There is no need to buy batteries or gas up the generators at this time. We still have time for the forecast to change. Just stay tuned!

Take care,
Ryan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey man im sean, from batesville arkansas. I just recently found your weather blog. just wanted to let you know I enjoy it, finally some credible weather forcasting.