First off, I feel like garbage. I do not sick too often, so when I do, I complain a lot. So there's my complaint. I ran out of breath doing weather earlier. That can't be a good thing.
Anywho, there is no time to be sick because we have another winter storm coming in tomorrow. Let's break down the bullet points:
- This is NOT as bad as 2009, but power outages are expected.
- Sleet and freezing rain should start overspreading Region 8 in the morning. SW portions of Region 8 (White, Cleburne, Independence, Woodruff) could have precipitation as early at 8:00 am.
- The rest of Region 8 should have sleet and freezing rain start between 10am-Noon.
- Precipitation TYPE will be tough to forecast. We know there will be a warm layer aloft that will melt the snowflakes, but will those drops have time to freeze into SLEET or will they fall as rain and freeze on contact? That's the million dollar question. Probably both at times...
- Sleet makes for bad roads, freezing rain causes power outages. Pick your poison.
- WATCH out for ice glazed sidewalks!
- This should be gone by late afternoon, or at least much, much lighter.
Here is what we're thinking as of 8:15 PM on Monday evening:
If you hear more sleet than freezing rain, then you will likely have no power problems. If you have rain and your thermometer is 32 or below, you are at a higher risk of losing power. If it's snowing, then enjoy it! I doubt many of us will see just plain ole rain, but if it is raining and 33 or above... Sit back and count your blessings!
I'm going to lay down for about 30 minutes before prepping for the 10:00 News. Have a great night and be safe tomorrow.