- The average temperature for the month of May was 70°, 0.9° above average.
- The average temperature for the year so far was 48°, 3.6° below average.
- The hottest temperature in May was 90°.
- The coldest temperature in May was 42°.
- Jonesboro had 4.58" of rainfall, which was only 0.03" below average.
- Jonesboro had 21.28" for the year so far, which was EXACTLY the average. Odd to be the exact average.
At the end of May, we also marked the end of "Meteorological Spring", which runs March-May. In Jonesboro, it was the 4th coolest Meteorological Spring on record.
These numbers were released by the National Weather Service in Memphis this morning and were sent with two graphics. The first map shows the precipitation that fell in May and the second map shows the average temperatures for the month of May in the Mid-South: