- Rain, sleet, and freezing rain moves in after the sun goes down this evening.
- Some places may be above freezing at the start.
- Temperatures drop through the night.
- Sleet and Snow accumulates MUCH differently. Snow adds up faster than sleet.
- Tomorrow morning, the roads will be bad.
- Some areas may see over 0.25" of freezing rain before switching to snow. In those areas, there may be some power issues.
- With winds at 30-40 mph at times, there may be some power issues.
- If we get snow and 30-40 mph winds at the same time, we may have brief blizzard conditions Friday morning.
Here's an accumulation map right now. Keep in mind, if get more sleet than snow, these numbers will be lower in spots:
The reason that I'm concerned about sleet making the totals lower and why I'm getting a little more worried about power issues is that we will have some warm air aloft. This is a forecast sounding for tonight. Notice the warm air aloft:
Even if we get several hours of sleet and freezing rain, I still think everyone will end in snow. Therefore, I now have the PANICOMETER at "Grab a Sled!":