- Sleet accumulates much slower than snow. BBs versus Cotton balls... but, same amount of moisture.
- Timing is still on track to start this evening and lasting through Friday morning.
- Roads will be bad in the morning regardless of the type of precipitation.
- As you see in the map below, the greatest chance for higher accumulation is east of Jonesboro.
- Jonesboro appears to get some freezing rain with about 1.00" of sleet and 1.00" of snow on top. Give or take a little.
- This is like predicting what a bull will do when it comes into the arena. We know it is coming in... but what it does when it gets here is questionable! Giddy up!
Here's the latest map. Notice that this includes SLEET and SNOW: