Are you needing some rain? If so, the pattern is going to be in your favor over the next week or so. Here are my thoughts on the upcoming weekend and the first week of school:
- Many outdoor activities in Region 8 will be impacted this weekend.
- We will need to watch radar closely for the Cave City Watermelon festival.
- Heaviest rainfall may be in the western and northern parts of Region 8. (More on that below)
- Many people will see some rain on their first day of school.
- Models are differing on how much rain, but not differing on the overall outcome.
So, let's dig into some data. Euro and GFS models are agreeing on the wetter pattern. They are also agreeing on the placement of the heaviest rainfall. The Euro has higher rainfall amounts:
Here's the deal... A lot of you have been asking me about outdoor plans this weekend. It's going to rain. I don't think it will rain ALL day, but in the locations above that are showing higher rainfall amounts, the likelihood of being impacted by rain is greater. This includes Lake Norfork and the Spring River.
Take care and have a great end to the week! -Ryan