Thursday, March 31, 2016

15 Years Ago I Started Working At KAIT

15 years ago this week, I started working at KAIT. At the time, it was "Your Good Neighbor Station". I started as the weekend meteorologist. I was young! I had a lot more hair and a few less pounds. I was a newlywed with no kids. Now, my wife and I have 4 kids and I spend most of my free time running around at their activities. If you recall, I did leave Region 8 for a couple of years to work at our sister-station in Alabama. We enjoyed our time in Alabama. We made some great life-long friends, I worked with some great people, and my wife gave birth to our second son. In 2 years, Alabama became a very important part of our lives.

With that said, it was still great to come back to Region 8! Since returning to Region 8, I have anchored thousands of newscasts with Craig and Diana. They are great teammates and friends. Craig knows this business inside and out. Whenever I have a question, need advice, or need help on editing, Craig is there. He's a great journalist. Diana is one of the nicest people in the world. She is always trying to help others and always trying to make sure things go smooth. I estimate that we have anchored over 8,000 newscasts together! When you think about that, it's incredible. Especially when you consider we have never had a serious argument!
I'm not sure what the future holds or how long I'll be in Region 8, but I really enjoy my job and enjoy raising my family here. It doesn't feel like it has been 15 years!

Have a great week,
Ryan


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are blessed to have you here! You love this community and it shows. Thank you for your service!

Riverman said...

We ARE blessed to have you here! We hope you will stay, even though we all know you could get a job anywhere, in any market. You are a real pro!

Unknown said...

Thank you Ryan for not only being a professional but also a godly role model for so many in our area. All any of us can do is follow Gods will in our life's and all will be just fine. Keep up the great work you do!!

VH said...

I echo that we are blessed to have you. My family really enjoys watching you. We lived in Memphis for many years before moving here 7 1/2 years ago and I can honestly say we have learned more from you about the weather in this time than ever before. You not only are very knowledgable, you are also a great teacher. That's a gift. And we appreciate it! 😊