Friday, January 07, 2005

Shrimp For Breakfast?


I LOVE Friday! Not only is it the last day of the week to work, but we have folks on to cook for us in the mornings! Today, we had my favorite restaurant in the area... Fish Tales! After their first visit to WSFA, I took my family to their nice little restaurant on Lake Jordan for lunch. My wife, oldest son, mother, and step-dad all really enjoyed the food and atmosphere. I strongly recommend you guys try it out sometime. The wintertime is a good time to go because you don't have as much boat traffic coming off the lake.

We get to eat the oddest things for 6:00 in the morning. When you work this shift though, it doesn't really matter! I have had spaghetti, steak, corn on the cob, fish, barbecue, hamburgers, and seafood all before sunrise while working on Today In Alabama. Not exactly what people would consider "breakfast", but it's free! If you don't know me personally, I am a little cheap at times!

Be sure to check out the Cooking With Today In Alabama section by clicking here to get great recipes from the good folks that come and visit.

Before I leave you on this Friday, here's another email from one of you. If you keep this up we are going to get a big head! As always, feel free to email me (good or bad) comments at rvaughan@wsfa.com Here's the email:

DEAR RYAN,
THE THREE OF YOU REALLY GET OUR DAY GOING!! THE WAY Y'ALL TEASE AND PLAY OFF EACH OTHER IS WHAT THIS STATE AND COUNTRY NEED...WHILE YOU STILL DELIVER WHAT WE NEED WITH THE NEWS AND WEATHER,THE WAY YOU DELIVER THEM IS PRICELESS!!!! WE HAVE ENOUGH GLOOM AND DOOM WE HAVE TO FACE DAILY,AND IT IS NICE TO GET THE DAY STARTED WITH A SMILE AND SOMETIMES A CHUCKLE.....KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK,BECAUSE WE LOVE IT....

TOM AND LAURA

No comments: