Monday, February 14, 2005

A Love Story (and a funny cartoon)


This cartoon is a little twisted, but quite funny! I've given my fair share of flowers in my day. I usually do not give my wife flowers on Valentine's Day because I give them during the year on random days. I need to start doing it as much as did a few years back though!

Well, I promised I would tell you how my wife and I met... so here's the story:
We both went to junior high and high school together, but didn't meet until my senior year (her junior year). The schools we went to in Nashville were large, so it was not uncommon to not know a lot of the people in the building. We finally met though in Music Appreciation at the start of my senior year.

She was the beautiful girl in the class that always made good grades and never got in trouble. I was the class clown and always got in trouble, but still made decent grades! She was such a good student that the teacher allowed her to give makeup test to students that had missed earlier tests. One day she was giving my best friend a test and I (of course) kept bothering them (mainly because I thought she was pretty). We had just got our senior pictures delivered to us, so I asked her if she wanted one. She replied "I don't even know you". I replied back, "My name is Ryan, now you know me"! I wrote on the back of the picture: "Now that you know me, you can give me a call... my number is ###-####". She waited a few days and finally gave me a ring... I asked her to Homecoming and the rest is history.... we stayed together, went to college together, married, and now have two wonderful boys!

That's the abridged version of the story. I don't want to bore you too much on this Valentine's Day! She is the love of my life and I know that I am very fortunate to have such a wonderful lady as a wife and the mother of my kids. She rarely reads the blog, but if she is reading this morning... "Love yah sweetie!"

Have a great day folks, feel free to email me at rvaughan@wsfa.com

No comments: