Thursday, April 14, 2005

"The Denise" Took The Teasing Well!


I am still employed today! My boss, Denise, took the joking around well. I got a few emails (as did Denise!) taking up for lack of correct grammar. I did get one for the boss though. Here it is:

Ryan,
I love English (correct) grammar, and I have to agree with Denise that some of the errors make me shudder. May I suggest a book titled Woe is I, subtitled The Grammarphobe's Guide to Better English in Plain English? The author is Patricia T. O'Connor. It's humorous, but informative.
I, too, love your blog, keep it up. I really enjoy your humor.
Danna


So there you have it! If you are like me, maybe you need this book too! As fas as spelling is concerned, I learned last week that spelling really isn't that important! The human brain only needs to have the first and last letter of the word correct to read it! If you don't believe me, read the paragraph below:

cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

Pretty weird, huh? As always, feel free to email me at rvaughan@wsfa.com

Cat Update: Got a call yesterday from someone who thought my cat was in their neighbor's yard. I went up there (one street over) and saw the cat. At first, I thought I had found Sheriff and these folks would get a reward! I got a little closer and realized it wasn't Sheriff.... :( Still Lookin'

No comments: