Monday, June 27, 2005

BREAKING NEWS...

There has been another shark attack since I wrote this morning's blog. I must admit, two in 48 hours is a little scary... BUT, once again the victim was fishing in chest deep water with shrimp. This means food (fish) that sharks eat were being lured close to this man's body. I'm sorry, but once again we are talking about risky beach behavior. (click photo to enlarge)

The second victim is currently in critical condition and I pray he makes a full recovery. It is sad to see people hurt, but I believe all of us can learn from each attack. The beach is a fun place for my family and I and I am still going to have fun there, but I will be more cautious and I'll continue to stay close to the shore. By the way, on average there are 30 shark attacks on the beaches of Florida each year. This is still not completely abnormal. As always, feel free to email me at rvaughan@wsfa.com

No comments: