Monday, June 27, 2005

Shark Attack


I'm sure many of you have heard about the shark attack by this point. Not only was it a shark attack, but it was at one of the beaches many of us dip into from time to time. In fact, the picture from Saturday's Blog (see below) was taken very close to where this shark attack took place.

Does this mean I will not get in the water again? No. Let me tell you why. I stay very close to the beach and I have learned that the closer you stay to the beach, the safer you will be from creatures in the sea. I'm not placing blame on this terrible accident, but people should stay a little closer than out by the sand bar.

Here is a little link to some facts about shark attacks to help ease your mind about our safety at our beaches. Click here. I would hate for this news story to ruin some kid's week at the beach this week. Get out there, have a good time, and be safe by staying closer to the shore.

I hope all of you have a great week. I'm going to continue watching this "weirdo" (Tom Cruise) on the Today Show. Don't get me started... I'll save it for another blog. As always, feel free to email me at rvaughan@wsfa.com

No comments: